Tamil Nadu SPO (Solar Purchase Obligation) 2013.
The Gov. of Tamilnadu has passes the SPO with a foresight to make solar energy more accessible & creating a awareness on how Important solar power is to the sate.
FOR DOMESTIC CONSUMERS:
According to Tamilnadu Gov. New solar policy 2012, as a part of policy Generation Based Incentive (GBI) has been announced, the domestic consumers would be offered a Generation Based Incentive (GBI) of:
- Rupees 2/ per unit for first two years.
- Rupee 1/ per unit for next two years.
- Rupee 0.5/ per unit for subsequent two years.
“This would apply to all solar power units (or) solar wind hybrid Roof top Installation setup before 31st March, 2014.”
FOR COMMERCIAL CONSUMERS:
SOLAR PURCHASE OBLIGATION (SPO):
The State will mandate 6% SPO (Starting with 3% till December 2013 & 6% from January 2014) for the following category of customers:
a. High Tension Consumers(HT Tariff I to V)
This category will cover all HT consumers including:
- Special Economic Zones(SEZs)
- Industries guaranteed with 24/7 power supply
- IT parks, Telecom towers
- All colleges & Residential Schools
- Buildings with a built up area of 20,000 sq.mm. or more
- b. Low Tension Commercial (LT Tariff V)
The following categories of consumers will be exempted from SPO:
- Domestic consumers
- Cottage and Tiny Industries
- Power looms
- LT Industrial consumers
- Agricultural consumers
The SPO will be administered by TANGEDCO.